It’s a popular belief that our pet dogs have evolved over many thousands of years from the wolf. When we think of wolves we think of the North American Timber Wolf. But we still do not know where the modern-day dog actually originated from. Historians now think our pet dogs more than likely originated from an assortment of different wolves from across Europe and Asia rather than North America.
The domestication of dogs began 20,000 – 30,000 years ago. Too long ago to accurately describe the process. But it’s a fair assumption these canines were drawn to the hunter-gather settlements. From here they would have scavenged or been fed scraps though it is unlikely they would have been given meat as they could hunt for themselves. Wolves are actually not strictly carnivorous and can exist on a herbivore diet supplemented by meat scraps and bones.
We still think of dogs as carnivores but omnivores is a more accurate description. Hence the pet food industry has taken advantage of including just about anything in it’s dog food. If we were to consider an ideal dry kibble for our dogs we need to take the following into consideration:
- The high percentage of meat protein from a named animal source
- The high percentage of natural fats & oils
- The lower percentage of carbohydrates
- Complete in all essential vitamins & minerals
- Free of all artificial colourings, flavourings & preservatives
- Free of animal & cereal derivatives
- Additional digestible fruit, vegetables & botanicals
Our No Grain 50% Meat Range is an ideal kibble for dogs of all life stages. Sensibly priced you can now take advantage of a further 10% reduction when you buy two bags online!!’s
Could this be the ideal diet for TODAY’S DOMESTIC DOG ??